Welcome to the 8th Grade Home Blog!





This is our class blog for English, please post responsibly.






Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

Trying to get through a tough novel. Ever since reading the Hunger Games trilogy, I´ve been on a dystopian crave. Although the idea and basic premise of BNW is extremely interesting in terms of predetermined success and failure, I can´t help while reading but think how outdated it feels. BNW was only published a decade before 1984, even still the writing, though most definitely as prophetic as 1984, doesn´t feel as connected to the real world I live in today.

Hopefully Brave New World will hook me in the next chapter or two, because this is a book I don´t want to abandon, and will most likely read till the bitter end!

1 comment:

  1. I have officially abandoned BNW... just not grabbing me like 1984 did. Quite a bummmer, but, on the flipside, after sifting through the hundreds of new books that were literally left on my classroom doorstep this week, I found a new book by Ray Bradbury. Actually its a collection of short stories called A Medicine for Melancholy, which will be interesting to read I´m sure. I use one of these stories every year to teach setting to my students: "All Summer in a Day." If you´ve never read it, be sure to google it now, it´s awesome!

    ReplyDelete